Tuesday, May 22, 2007

DIY - Learn how to take tail lamp trails


I had taken this photograph on a Sunday night. The technique I have used is long exposure. If your camera has a Manual mode, you need to tweak the exposure setting to desired number of seconds to keep the shutter open allowing the light to register. This photo was taken with a exposure time of 15 seconds, that was the maximum my Olympus sp-500uz had.

Will keep you posted with some more pictures which I had taken using this technique.

Try this technique and let me know, whether it was of any help to you.

Tip:
  1. If you have been to Mysore garden (karnataka, India) and tried taking those dancing fountain with your camera, the results would have not been desirable. The long exposure technique works well for water fountain.
  2. Deewali fireworks on the sky.

2 comments:

suman said...

vinod did you use tripod to take the shot?
btw this dasera I went to mysore ..took few shots using that method. have a look
http://picasaweb.google.com/sumank.paul/MarvelousMysore

vinodvv said...

Yes I did use a small tripod.